Friday, 27 June 2014

The ultimate summer accessory! - And a Sky Broadband FAIL!

This is the second attempt writing this blog post, if you follow me on twitter you'll know that this post was completely finished. I pressed publish aaaaand the internet broke. It's been crashing on and off all day so I should have seen it coming, but I lost everything from the post...so don't judge anything that may not be grammatically perfect I just want to get this post up!!! Screw you Sky Broadband.

With Glasto this weekend there's one underrated summer accessory that is going to be seen everywhere! The straw hat! 

I have been a big fan of the trend since I first went to a festival, almost 4 years ago now! They're perfect for festivals, camping and beach trips where you're going to be spending a few days out in the sun. You can cover your head from the heat, while still having a nice breathable material so you don't feel suffocatingly hot! Also, you can hide any greasiness that dry shampoo hasn't resolved, because who queues for hours for a shower when you're missing your favourite bands?!!


I picked this one up at Camden market for £10, I probably could have haggled but I just wanted it too bad. Put it on while still out and about that day, and haven't taken it off since. If you have seen my Fishtail Braid Tutorial on youtube, you probably saw the guest appearance by this hat. 



And in case you needed any more incentive to pull out a hat for festival season, this is it! Ultimate hipster Kylie Jenner and Beiber's Bae Selena Gomez rocked the summer hat trend in Coachella this year! 

I am so in love that I felt like I had to write a quick post before everyone ran away to Glasto! If you're going, or you're going to any other festivals this summer let me know in the comments! And if you are, will you be trying a straw hat?!