Friday, 13 September 2013

Area H20 Hard Water Shampoo & Conditioner

I won this product in a twitter competition online and was so excited!
As you know I study in Uni in London and the hard water here is ridiculous, the first couple of days I was here I felt like I needed to wash my hair in the morning and the night because it was just so heavy and had that texture when you have too much product in your hair. Logically it is the limescale in the water sticking to your hair, which is gross when you say it like that.

But soon I started using the Area H20 shampoo and conditioner, and I literally felt an instant difference in my hair being lighter and softer, the softness particularly I find a huge issue. They did warn me that because of the way the shampoo works my hair could feel a little weird for a few days as it gets working but I didn't find that to be the case at all and actually really enjoyed the effects from the first use.

I love the packaging for the shampoo because it has a lid as well as a flip top, it just sort of makes sure everything stays nice and clean and dry! Another annoying thing to do with the water here is that if any products get wet in the shower they'll get limescale on the bottom of it. But lathered nicely in my hair, and because I usually shampoo twice the second one really starts to build more of a lather. The conditioned also leaves your hair feeling soft and silky, and does the job you expect of a conditioner while still getting rid of the build up of gross stuff.

Like I said at the beginning of the post, it really leaves your hair feeling more 'normal', if you started out living in the country or a small town and moved like me then you'll understand. Even if you're born and raised in a city, give it a shot. I bet you'd be surprised at how much of a difference it actually makes.

I think I'm going to start savoring this product a little bit more and using it sort of to clarify my hair when I get a build up on my hair. Like the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo. Although, it's not too pricey going at £9.95 a piece for the shampoo in both normal/fine or coloured - I kinda wish they did one for thick hair - you can buy it on their Area H2O website or Area H20 Shampoo and Conditioner Duo for Hard Water Area - Coloured Hair (2 Products) . Also they do have variations for everyone's location and water type and you can figure out which area you fit into on their website.