Saturday, 24 August 2013

Top 3 Drugstore Blushes!


I am not a huge blush fanatic, however blush can transform a look, and I'm slowly falling more into experimenting with this particular type of product. So it's about time for a post on my top 3 drugstore makeup blushers.




In 3rd place is my MUA cream blush in Bittersweet. This product is a lovely pink with peachy undertones, easy to wear colour that is brilliant for spring and summer, and ha been used a lot over this time period.

In 2nd place comes my Sleek powder blush in Pixie Pink. This is super bright, and almost a fluro pink so you would think with my pale skin, this is a no no. However, just the opposite, this is gorgeous with a light dusting across the apples of my cheeks I really get that 'english rose' sort of blush. You know the one, it makes you look like you've just run for the bus, but in a good way. Also, the outside of the packaging is gorgeous, so much so, in fact that I had to include a photo of it in this post.

Flash on
Flash off

And my top drugstore blusher is most definitely my TopShop cream blush in Head Over Heels. Although not as long-lasting, and a little 'wetter' in it's creaminess this acts as a dupe for my MAC Cremeblend blush in Something Special. I absolutely love this blush and actually love it for sentimental reasons because it was blush of choice on my 18th birthday. However, it photographs terribly and I can't get the exact shade to show, which is annoying for a blogger like me. Basically it's the middle of these two colours.