Thursday, 29 August 2013

Ciate Island Hopping Review

I don't often review nailpolishes on this blog, but it does occasionally happen. May I point you to a post from forever ago about my TopShop polishes* which are still some of my favourites.

This polish called Island Hopping by Ciate came in my July Glossybox and I absolutely love it! It's the perfect accent nail for my favourite red of the moment, Rimmel Lasting Finish Polish in Double Decker Red. I also love this colour on the toes while my fingers are red, it sort of makes them more co-ordinated and like I made an effort.


The colour is a gorgeous red filled with orange and gold reflex, and although it is beautiful in the bottle, a colour this orange toned and sparkly on all of my nails is a bit much for my pale skin. Hence pairing it with the Rimmel colour so it's only one nail.

The application from the brush is beautiful and one layer is enough for an opaque coverage, however, mostly from habit, I'll always still apply two.

It's definitely a summery colour, which you can tell by the name, but it's also multiseasonal and will easily be able to transition into autumn/fall and even winter.