Friday, 5 July 2013

Touche Eclat Review

It's the number one makeup staple that people have been talking about for years. The infamous YSL Touche Eclat.

I have wanted to own this product for literally years, but before getting into blogging I was always a bit stingy about buying one high-end product and then the rest can happily be a drugstore item. And although I'll still grab my bourjois and l'oreal products off the shelf and wear them day to day, it's also nice to have a bit of a treat with things like the Touche Eclat.

Originally I refused to buy it because I thought it was a lot of money for a concealer, now that was a mistake although the Touche Eclat is known as a concealer a lot of the time, it is actually a liquid highlighter. Hence 'eclat', light. Also, I underestimated the price tag with it costing only £25 for my purchase of the Touche Eclat special edition, with some funky different packaging to the sleek straight gold stick that we are used to seeing.


As you can see it's pretty cool and different, with horizontal ridges running the length of the packaging, it just gives it a bit of an edge to the rest of them and if I pull it out a lot of people don't recognise it to be a touche eclat.

This product is great for those tired days where I can't pull myself out of bed, or the days where I've hit it a bit hard the night before and have a 9am lecture. If I wake up in time to even put makeup on actually. Anyway, you're catching my drift, it's a miracle eye brightener and I love using it in what I like to think of as the kardashian eye. I doubt I even need to explain but that triangle from your under eye to nose and out.



As well as that the colour tone is beautiful with a pale pink undertone, I'm in shade 1 if you were wondering. It means that as well as being a brightening product the pinky colour cancels out any discolouration you find underneath your eyes, we've all had those bluey dark circles.

When I was matched the lady who did it told me that this shade was the most popular colour that they sold, because most people like a slightly lighter shade than their skin tone again to enhance the brightening properties.

Although I've talked a lot about it brightening it's also a beautiful highlighter for the bridge of your nose, the lack of shimmer means it doesn't look like your oily but helps you to thin your nose and make it look a million times better.

The only thing that I would say that I don't like about this product is that I have no idea how to clean it at all!!!!!! Like in the slightest, I'm pretty sure it involves witch hazel but I don't have any at the minute and it's so frustrating because I love having clean brushes. But it's okay I guess, and it wouldn't discourage me from repurchasing if I needed to because it's a beautiful product that has earned it's reputation well.