Friday, 26 July 2013

Mally Beauty Review!

If you aren't familiar with Mally Beauty, please check out my How To Contour video (link) as I used their products to create that. But this is a more traditional review of two of their products. The Evercolour Poreless Face Defender*, they could have probably done with a catchier name but I'll let them off and what I thought was the Body Illuminator* but I can't seem to find anything even similar on the website which is weird.


Well lets start off with the Evercolour Poreless Face Defender*, at first sight I immediately considered this to be a primer and actually used it as such until I saw OfficialStinaD (link) make a video where she mentioned this product and how she thought it was a really unique and new generation of a powder. I was like whaaaaaaaat? It really reminds me of the consistency of the W7 matte primer* that I have with the sort of silicone type feel that I instantly associate with being to fill pores. That being said after finding the correct usage I love this! I hate the cakey feel of powder but my undereye concealer can slip a lot so I want to set it a lot of the time and this is perfect for that. I'm also not a big fan of matte looks no matter what so I just stick to it under my eyes.



It's the only type of product like this I've ever seen before in my life and it works really well. But the negatives of this product is that on my nose where I have a combination of oily and dry skin (weird I know) it can really exaggerate my pores because the product is not prepared for the dry skin. Same for my forehead. Also, the packaging is extremely inconvenient, you can't put the sponge in the packaging with the product so you have to carry round both which makes it pretty awkward especially if you just wanted a touch up halfway through the day.


 
Now for the Body Illuminator*, I'm not really big on this sort of product at all, but since summer's just hit I've been trying to find a use for this and I have to say if I've been fake tanning a little bit this works really well to bring it out especially across like my collar bones and that sort of shine line everyone gets down their leg. Apart from that this product isn't really that useful and you could definitely live without it but I do love how it looks on my collarbones and it's no where near as OTT and just orange as it looks in the stick form. It's actually pretty sheer when swatched (below). It smells amazing too!