Saturday, 6 October 2012

Quick Shopping Trip!

I'm easing myself back into blogging, but a review seems too difficult in the minute. (I am in the progress of writing one, but I'm a bit out of the swing of things and it's taking me a lot longer than expected.) So, to start me off easy, we're doing a written type haul with some photos, I'm hoping that's alright with you guys.

Now that I live in London, everything is so much more central for me and I don't have to get a half hour train or order things online to get some of the more difficult to find products. Although, the one place I haven't been which will be brilliant for stuff like that is Space N.K, remind me to go! So, one of the places I've been gagging to go to has been Muji on Oxford Street, and today I finally went and bought some more acrylic storage to hold some of my makeup that was in drawers and in the big 3 drawer plastic thing I have, that I don't love. I've been finding it really hard to store all my makeup since I've moved because I don't have the need for a big makeup bag anymore so all my makeup (that I brought) lives in my storage systems and it was getting so cluttered and untidy from just being overfilled I had to admit I needed more.
So, here's a picture of my new makeup set up:
My core makeup storage is still the same of the two sets of two drawer narrow drawers but I've also got the two drawer wide drawers underneath and now a 4 section thing that's meant as a stationary holder. It's not all that much more but I can now hold all my eye products in one drawer of the wide drawers so it saves a bit of space right away.
I'm keeping the packaging and receipt just in case because I really wanted a deep drawer for all my foundations etc but they were sold out so I'll try again next week sometime and if I have too much storage I'll probably get rid of the stationary thing - technical term.

Next is some maaaakeup! First I'm going to start off with MAC. It was only two purchases but I'm so excited about one of them. MAC Marilyn has hit and I swatched EVERYTHING! I have to say I wasn't that impressed with blush, shadow etc, but the lipsticks (all I was excited about) were all amazing. I really wanted to get more than one but I don't need any more red lipstick that's the traditional bright shade and I thought it would be blasphemy to buy anything but red from a Marilyn Monroe collection.
The shade I got is called Deeply Adored, it's showing up a lot lighter on camera because of the flash but there was no daylight when I got in. It's a pretty dark almost vampy red and I looove it. I love the packaging, and I know I'll probably get bored of it soon but at the moment it's amazing and makes me very happy to look at!
I also got a 239 brush, just because there's so many times I see it used in tutorials that I felt like I needed it. I probably didn't but it's a different shape to other shader brushes I have and packs on colour better.

Finally, I picked up a few drugstore pieces. I've never used anything NYC before and it was so cheap so I thought I'd give it a shot, I also realised this summer that I don't own a white or nude eyeliner pencil and I was really shocked because I used to wear it all the tie, I have no idea what happened to it or where it went. Probably fell victim to a cull when I hadn't used it for a while, so I thought I needed one of those.
The Real Techniques Brush is an expert face brush and there will definitely be a review of that coming up soon, I've wanted one of these for so long and I love it already. The only thing is I don't know how to store it because the bottom is fatter than the top so it doesn't fit right in my brush holder and has to stand seperately. The last thing I got was a Revlon lip butter in the shade Tutti Fruitti, I've wanted MAC Morange for a while now but don't have the guts just yet so thought I would build it up with this. I love the formula for the lip butters and knew what to expect as well so it was a pretty easy decision.

Let me know if there's any reviews you's like me to do out of these products, or any blog posts in general and I'll get on it! :D