Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Haircare Routine

A while ago I posted saying my hair was in awful condition and that I needed some help to get my hair in better condition. Since then I've given in and cut my hair and picked up some new products to put into my haircare routine so I'll just give you a quick run down of exactly what I do to try and maintain the condition my hair is in now.

Firstly, shampoo is no big deal to me, gimme anything that's on offer in the supermarket, same for conditioner. BUT! They have to match, I don't like it when my shampoo and conditioner don't match...it bothers me a lot more than it should. As well as that twice a week I use Phil Smith Long Locks conditioner and Aussie 3 minute miracle. Usually a Monday and Friday. These are deep conditioners so they get your hair a lot more nourished, it's like the equivalent of a scrub or facemask but for your hair. Just a nice treat to make it feel better.

After all this is the traditional sort of haircare routine. I roughly towel dry my hair to get it about 40% dry and either get changed do my makeup for 5-10 minutes. Then I apply the Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner spray and the HotFish protective straightening mist before I dry my hair. After drying I use a serum, at the moment it's an Aussie one for coloured hair.

That's it for my haircare going from just a heat protectant to this is a bit of a jump for me but the pay off is really noticeable.