Saturday, 21 July 2012

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Review

I feel like my entire blog has been revolving around nails lately, weird because I wrote a lot over the past few weeks but just everything looks nail-ey. (technical term). Let's inject a bit of hair with a review of Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner/treatment. View full review under the cut.





I can't decide whether this is a really heavy conditioner or a treatment. It rehydrates my hair, and is a must have to use when I've curled my hair etc where I'm using more heat and product than usual. It definitely makes a difference and my hair feels sort of restored, but it is purely aesthetic. It doesn't do anything to actually make my hair better condition, this is why I don't know if it should be considered a treatment. Even after consistant use, my hair doesn't get any better as soon as I use something else or just my normal conditioner it goes back to the same state it was before.

Close up of product

But I'm not letting this get me down because even if it is just aesthetic, it's still the only thing that tames the bleached, damaged ends I have. (Most of it has grown out and been cut off but I can't bring myself to cut off that extra inch yet). It's such a quick and easy treatment with literally 3 minutes being the length of time you have it on for! Just use it after you shampoo in the shower. Squeeze out some of the excess water in my hair and apply it like a conditioner, avoiding your roots to keep your hair light after application. You'll know yourself the point which your hair gets heave if you apply products often. But when used correctly this just gives you an altogether sleeker look, which means you use less styling tools to get rid of 'that frizz' you get from damaged hair.

I went a bit overboard with testing this out and decided I wanted to see how it worked if applied like a more traditional hair mask, on dry hair and left on for a while before rinsing and washing with usual shampoo and conditioner. I definitely think this is a stronger effect on the hair than just using it as a conditioner in the shower. It penetrates deeper into the cuticle and as soon as I've blow dried I'm good to go out the door. Big plus.

Also, Aussie is a trusted brand that you know is going to be good quality, it's easily accessible and cheap. I bought a few products from Superdrug and there's usually an offer on with Aussie products whether ti's 3 for 2 or 3 for under £10 there seems to always be something on their products. I picked up a few bits and they've easily inegrated into my haircare routine which is now better than ever. With my Phil Smith Long Locks conditioner (review) and this my hair feels in better condition than ever.