Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Review


These were launched in the US a while ago, and I saw loads of tutorials with them. I wasn't really that sold, I was still convinced that they were going to be the same as most cream shadows and crease still. I just never really get along with cream shadows, they always crease and leave me a bit annoyed afterwards but when these were released in the UK there was a 3 for 2 sale in Boots, so I couldn't resist and picked up the Immortal Charcoal colour to give it a shot. 



I'll go from first impressions onwards so I swatched a fair few colours on my hand but I thought I'd use this colour more, even if I preferred some of the others. The packaging was nice, sort of heavy which I like and modern looking. It was really big pot as well so there's obviously a lot of product in there. When I first used it I wasn't all that impressed, I used my fingers to apply and with such a dark product I felt like it went a little blotchy and slid around my eyelids too much. The formula is really interesting when you first feel it actually, it really melts to your finger and feels very liquid on first application, but then dries completely. I did find that the charcoal creased a bit so I was a bit disheartened but picked up the colours I wanted anyway.


On and On Bronze is now my favourite and If you watch my videos you've probably noticed. It goes on really nice. You do have to make sure to layer the colour properly or the coverage is pretty sheer, but if you get two or three layers of it on the colour is amazing and stays identical to how you put it on until you take it off. I usually take '24hr' or 'long lasting' with a huge pinch of salt. and well don't tend to believe them but this is definitely one that you can believe without hesitation. My only fault with it is that it's a pain to take off when you want to get rid of it. And I'm not a huge fan of oil based eyemakeup removers, but they do the job if you like them.


Also the Eternal Gold is beautiful to use paired with a whole host of other colours and combined with On and On Bronze and some gold glitter, match made in heaven. I'm a huge fan of this colour, because it also works well as a base for a yellow colour.


I'm definitely going to purchase some more, I love the look of the orange, taupe and a few other colours. Can't wait to take a look at the entire shade range, as in my local Boots, they only have a few.