Friday, 30 March 2012

Montagne Jeunesse - Fabric Facial


I often use this brand as a trusted mask brand
that doesn't break me out (unless it's a sort of 'purge') and when I got this cloth tea tree mask I couldn't wait to try it. As soon as I put it on, it burned and stung my skin really badly which scared me a lot. I was convinced I was going to have a completely red face and I was going to have to lock myself in my house, especially because I was going out that night. I was petrified. But as it settled a little bit it felt similar to the Lush 'Mask of Magnaniminty' so I held out until the end of the recommended time. 

While it's on your skin it's very cooling with the wet fabric but it really needs to be with the amount of stinging you get from it. It's sort of the more soothing side to the mask that is pretty full on and actually quite harsh to the skin. 

I will say that after removing the mask and massaging then rinsing off any liquid still on my skin the effect was brilliant. It left my face feeling deeply cleansed and really fresh but the mask was definitely really harsh and tough on my skin.

Montagne Jeunesse masks are renowned for their value for money as well so it's worth giving at least the brand a shot to see how they work for you even if not this individual mask because it is very strong.