Monday, 5 March 2012

Favourite Makeup Trends

Over the last few years there's been a huge fluxuation on trends in makeup. Unlike times like the 80's etc, where one trend stuck for an era, there are makeup trends through different seasons.  With makeup becoming more widely available and cheaper to everyone, this is not likely to change anytime soon, if anything makeup trends will become as influential as fashion trends. My favourite makeup trend of the moment has been spearheaded by figures like Lana Del Rey and even Adele, it's actually a retro look reminiscent of the 40's.


I love the cut crease look, and personally pair it with a red lip. It's such a glamorous look that just makes me feel amazing as soon as it's on. I feel like a living Jessica Rabbit and want to strut around the place. It can also be toned down for more of a wearable daytime look, which is favoured by Adele. There's something oddly modern about this vintage look, I think anyone who wears it looks like they've jumped straight out of tumblr or lookbook. It feels really cool and sophisticated without verging on 'mature', I can't think of the right word to describe the aura I feel this look gives off but it's like the 'it' factor. I think it's gorgeous, and as the smokey eye was never really for me, I was ecsatic when this trend rolled around and it's not acceptable to walk around looking like a femme fatale.


But I do admit, some of my admiration is probably a factor of my odd obsession with the 50's and icons like Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn who I could picture all wearing this makeup if they were in this era rather than their own.


What's your favourite makeup trend of the moment? Or are you refusing to be a slave to trend and sticking to what suits you? Please comment below letting me know! I'd love to hear your different views.